Technology Transfer Specialist, Mass. Eye and Ear
The Technology Transfer Specialist works directly with the IPCV Director and team to manage the Massachusetts Eye and Ear intellectual property portfolio, which includes invention disclosures, pending applications, and issued patents. This position is responsible for receipt of Invention Disclosures, patent database management, and federal grant reporting per Bayh-Dole requirements. The position is also responsible for recording legal and recoverable expenses, invoicing for license payments, and distribution of licensing royalties.
1. Maintain the intellectual property, agreement, and financial database.
2. Build reports using this database for the IPCV and other Massachusetts Eye and Ear departments.
3. Report inventions to the federal government, foundations, and other grant-awarding entities.
4. Process and file patent correspondence and communicate with outside patent counsel.
5. Administer the material transfer agreement process: review MTA request forms, draft agreements, communicate with external parties, finalize agreements, and coordinate signatures.
6. Responsible for Licensing Royalty Distribution, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
7. Monitor third-party agreement obligations.
8. Manage the IPCV website.
9. Other duties as required.
Requirements EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience working with intellectual property preferred. Experience using PeopleSoft preferred.